We are all tasked with the responsibility of “flattening the curve”: staying home, washing our hands, keeping 6 feet between ourselves and others. But if you’re compelled to do more for your fellow human, click here for noble organizations doing important work around the globe:
- Your donation to Global Giving will send doctors, nurses and medical equipment to community health centers and deliver essential items to vulnerable populations in refugee camps.
- Click here to donate to Gates Philanthropy Partners’ efforts to develop an effective vaccine and treatment for COVID-19.
- Your donation to HealthWell Foundation will give financial relief to uninsured patients for copays, prescriptions and pediatric care.
- Butterfield Market & Catering has partnered with Lenox Hill Hospital on the Feed Our Heroes initiative, which delivers packaged meals to the hospital’s first responders. Click here to donate.
- Military veterans are working with Team Rubicon to deliver food and water, pitch in at testing sites and staff call centers. Click here to donate.
- The Restaurant Workers Community Foundation has established a relief fund for restaurant workers facing economic hardship in the midst of COVID-19.
Calling all New Yorkers in the Hamptons: The least we can do is help our one hospital, Stony Brook Southampton. Click here to donate to their Healthcare Heroes Fund, which provides healthcare teams with life saving medical equipment and prepares facilities for a potential surge in new cases.