Healthy home cooking ideas to make with the family at home with chef Saira Malhotra, Purist founder Cristina Cuomo, and Purist’s resident chef Karina Srb.
Turmeric fish recipe:
- 2lb. cod (or any white fish)
- 1 tbsp. fresh turmeric or 1 tsp. powdered turmeric
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- pinch of sugar (1/4 tsp.)
- 1 Thai bird chilies or finely chopped jalapeño
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 bunch fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro, or mint.
- Set oven to 375°F
- Combine ginger puree, chilies, pinch of sugar, fish and lime juice to form a paste.
- Rub fresh turmeric directly over fish. Add mixed paste and rub well over fish. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Throw freshly chopped herbs on fish and place in a pan with 1 tbsp. of water, covered with foil into oven.
- Bake fish until flakey to the touch. (about 15 minutes)
- Once fish is cooked through, remove from oven and finish with generous handful of fresh herbs, a squeeze of lemon juice and olive oil *Can be served with sticky rice/quinoa/cucumber wedges.