Vibrant Mini Pumpkin Pies
Ingredients for crust:
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Ingredients for filling:
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Non-dairy whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine pecans and coconut. Pulse until they have a sandy texture.
- Add in maple syrup, coconut oil and sea salt. Pulse again until everything is mixed.
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Divide the nut mixture as evenly as possible amongst all 12 cups, using your fingers to pat them down in each cup to form a crust for each mini pie. Dip fingers in water if it gets too sticky.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, coconut milk, maple syrup, eggs, egg yolk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and sea salt. Whisk everything together.
- Pour the filling as evenly as possible into the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Transfer to refrigerator to cool for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To serve, top with whipped cream.
Mediterranean Spiced Salmon with Burst Tomato Relish Over Sweet Potatoes
- 4 8-ounce skinless wild-caught salmon filets
- 1 quart chicken bone broth or chicken broth
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 kale leaves, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- put the salmon fillets on a plate and set aside to come to room temperature.
- Put the broth in a large saucepan or soup pot. Add the sweet potatoes and boil until soft and fork-tender.
- Strain the sweet potatoes, reserving the broth. Put the sweet potatoes in a blender with nut milk and puree until smooth. Season with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the oil and tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes begin to blister. Add the garlic and kale and saute until fragrant, add about 2 minutes. With a fork, smash half of the tomatoes.
- Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir the paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, and the remaining sea salt and pepper together until well mixed. Sprinkle evenly over the salmon filet.
- Warm a large saute pan over medium heat, then coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the salmon filets and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the fish is firm and light pink. Remove the filet from heat.
- Ladle a thin bed of the sweet potatoes puree on four dinner plates. Plate the filets over the puree, garnish with tomato relish and serve with Roasted Broccoli Rabe.